Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Recession Blues (Song)

This week's blog post comes in the form of a satirical song I wrote about current events and the economy. Enjoy. :)

"Recession Blues" by Krista O'Connell


Lyrics:
Well I'm broke, ain't got no money in the bank
Except for six lonely dollars at a low interest rate
Benny B, give me some good news
Cause I've got recession blues

Finding a good job is harder than winning the lottery
I'd rob a bank, but they're in more debt than me
I'd beg on the street but I'm afraid to get mugged
By some greedy, unemployed corporate thug.
I hear BP is looking for lawyers,
But maybe they'll take me.

I'm waiting for a paycheck to come in the mail...
Maybe the Postal Service stole it to bail
Itself out of this sinking, sad sorry economy
Benny B, give me some good news
Cause I've got recession blues

These days it'd be easier to fake a degree
Than to pay tuition at a university (UVa *ahem*)
And forget about retiring before I'm dead
Cause my Social Security check is gonna be negative
Guess I'll have to take a loan from Japan
Just like you Uncle Sam

On the bright side:
Wrecked my car, don't hafta pay for gas
Can't shop online since my computer crashed
Got no money to spend and nothing to buy
But hey, I'm gonna be just fine
Since I got you boy and you're lovin is free
And that's the most valuable thing to me

No comments:

Post a Comment